Working within the Engineering department and reporting to the Director, Engineering, Procurement & Project Management, the Analytical Engineer completes projects by planning, organizing and controlling all elements of the project / assigned task. The Analytical Engineer is responsible for conducting product analysis for the Nikkiso cryogenic pump product line. As an Analytical Engineer with Nikkiso Cryo, you will work within Engineering to support project execution and new design development. You will support Department needs, coordinate with Chief Analytical Engineer / Principle Turbo machinery and any other assigned departments ensuring ultimate project profitability by performing strategic, analytical activities and resolving technical product concerns.
- Supports engineering activities such as design, test, and modification
- Support Applications and Sales for all preliminary sizing, quoting and presales technical issues per departmental procedures
- Translates technical and functional requirements into a functioning technical solution
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions to solve technical product issues
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy actual or potential malfunctions
- Engages in the support of all NCI projects from initial concept through solution delivery
- Review project plans and proposals, develops project objectives and risk mitigation strategies
- Develop and issue Monthly Reports of activity by project (s) as per defined task/ project list
- Confer with responsible project team members to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes and updates
- Release and maintain Project risk Mitigation Files and Summary documentation per Engineering Department procedures and where necessary advise status of revisions and potential actions to maintain parts flow
- Studies product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications
- Presents cost estimates and performance standards
- Maintain Daily Log of Activity, tabbed by month
- Interfaces with other departments and agreed third parties to ensure internal and external customer requirements are met
- Ensures all documents are filed in a timely manner and filed correctly
- Maintains electronic database of documents
- Prepares requests for reproduction of documents, reports, and memorandums
- Releases documents in accordance with department standards
- Maintains project integrity through compliance with industry regulations and best practices
- Travel between the NCI facility locations as required
- This list is not comprehensive and tasks not mentioned here may be required
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Experience and/or training in computer simulation programs involving CFD, FEA, and Rotor Dynamics
- Interest and/or experience with cryogenic pump manufacturing or other rotating machinery design
- Experience with product and testing troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Advanced user proficiency in MS Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel , Access and PowerPoint
- Experience in meeting deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation
- Demonstrated poise, confidence and professional maturity to interface with customers , project team members and company senior-level executives
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Knowledge of document control/flow principles and processes
- Skilled in time management, prioritizing, and managing changing priorities
- Strong grammar skills with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Exceptional analytical and mathematical skills
- Commitment to participating in professional development and continuing education opportunities
Work Environmental and Physical Demands
- In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Overtime may be necessary as the workload dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- Travel between the NCI facility locations as required.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.
- Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering field is required, Advanced degree is recommended
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar analyst role or other relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience using simulation software such as CFD, FEA , Rotor Dynamic Simulation etc
- Experience with cryogenic pumps or other rotating machinery is preferred but not required
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be accepted
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience that provides an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be accepted.