Working within the NCI Accounting department and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Staff Accountant provides functional accounting services and supports the financial profitability and viability of the Accounting department. The Staff Accountant assists team in ensuring all accounting records are properly managed, recorded, and retained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare, Review & Post Journal Entries
- Prepare Account Reconciliations
- Fixed asset maintenance, including recording, tagging and depreciating
- Reconcile and post cash deposits weekly
- Backup for Accounts Payable
- Cash posting and A/R management
- Invoicing as required
- Working on banking issues such as wire transfers or Letters of Credit as required
- Preparation of year-end audit requirements for annual independent audit
- Quick resolution of accounting challenges
- Serve as a resource to Finance team as well as other departments
- Review and process expense reports
- Prepare Job cost accounting reports
- Document process and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles, particularly as applied to governmental accounting
- Familiarity with the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Intermediate Excel competency is required
- Experience with Crystal Reports is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Comfortable maintaining high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple high priority projects with accuracy
- Deliver quality results in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Goal oriented, high-energy self-starter
- Ability to apply bookkeeping and accounting principles to the maintenance of Accounts Payable and Finance records
- Ability to make involved and varied arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately and tabulate statistical data and compile necessary reports
Work Environmental and Physical Demands
- In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Overtime may be necessary as the workload dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- Travel between the NCI facility locations as required.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required
- Advanced Excel 3-5 years’ business accounting experience
- CPA is preferred but not required
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be accepted
- Strong GAAP experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience that provides an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be accepted.